Friday, November 6, 2009

From the Mind of a 5-Year-Old

The following conversation between Caleb [C] and I [S] ensued in the car earier today:

C: [completely out of the blue] I've made a plan for my life.

S: Oh, really? What's that, Buddy?

C: I'm never, ever going to get married!

S: How come?

C: Because! I never want to kiss a girl! It's gross!

S: But how do you know? It's just like trying new foods. You're not supposed to decide whether or not you like it until you've tried it. Have you even tried kissing a girl?

C: [after a very flustered pause] I just don't want to kiss girls!

S: But you'll still kiss your mommy, right?

C: Yes, but you're not a stranger!

S: Oh! But, Buddy, you wouldn't marry a stranger. You marry someone that you know really well and that you love very much.

C: [obviously done with the kissing subject] Yeah, because a stranger could rob you... Or a ninja could rob you, and they'd probably have a sword!


No comments:

Post a Comment