Friday, December 10, 2010

Could I Have That In Writing, Please?

When I drop Caleb off at school in the mornings, we drive right past Eldorado High School. This morning, as we drove past a few saggy pants-ed guys that were standing on the sidewalk, this is the conversation that ensued:

Caleb: Mom, there's something so weird that I don't understand.
Me: What's that, Buddy?
Caleb: I don't know why teenagers want to wear pants that show their butts to everyone.
Me: I have NO idea. Will you promise me that you'll never wear your pants that way?
Caleb: No way!!! I'll never wear jeans that show my butt!
Owen: [with a very Bevis & Butthead style laugh] Hee hee hee! I'm gonna show my butt to everybody!

3 comments:

  1. What do you want in writing, that Caleb won't sag his pants or that Owen will show the world his butt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if past behavior is any indicator, I would guess with a pretty high degree of certainty that Owen is going to show the world his butt no matter what. So, I think I'll aim for keeping Caleb from sagging his pants. Although, he's so skinny that he might not have a chance either way. I think I might be screwed on both accounts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little great nephew Owen is going to do WHAT??? Sarah, can you just feel your hair turning grey? My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete