Monday, April 20, 2009

A Blog For My Boys

I had this idea several weeks ago, but it's taken some time to get myself, well, organized. Selecting a domain and title for a new blog is not an easy task. But, the days are getting longer, brighter and warmer. After an afternoon of watching you two play in the backyard, it didn't take long for it to come to me...you two are my sunshine.

sun⋅shine

[suhn-shahyn] –noun
1. the shining of the sun; direct light of the sun.
2. brightness or radiance; cheerfulness or happiness.
3. a source of cheer or happiness.
4. the effect of the sun in lighting and heating a place.
5. a place where the direct rays of the sun fall.

Brightness, radiance, cheerfulness, happiness. It's true. For all of those things, you two are my source. Life with you is wonderful. Breathtaking. But, it's moving so darn fast these days, that I fear I'm missing it. I don't know how many times in the last few days I've stared at you, Caleb, and wondered when in the world it was that you got so big? You're hardly a little boy any more. You look so grown up and I'm not quite sure when it happened. I've also found myself drinking you in, Owen. Wishing I could remember forever the sound of your words - the singsong melody when you call, "Mama, Mama, Mama!" Oh, how thankful I am to be that Mama!

I need a place to remember the days. I wish it could all fit in my mind, crystal-clear and perfect. I wish I could record every second. I know better, though. I know this will be the best I can do. Tidbits of information, funny quips, pictures that capture the moments. It'll be the memory of our days. I hope it will someday be a place that you will cherish as much as I will. I look forward to sharing every second with you and, hopefully, t ucking as many away as I can to pull out later, to enjoy all over again.

PS - I'm not being entirely truthful when I say that I have two boys. In actuality, I have three. My first boy is also my biggest...my husband. My dear Zach, I h
ope it doesn't offend you when I refer to you as one of my boys. I'm so thankful for you and for exactly who you are. I am truly blessed to have you. You are silly and fun when that's what I need and a fortress of strength for me when I need your broad shoulder for support. Thank you for being all of those things for me. So, earlier when I was talking about my boys as being my source of all things wonderful, I hope you realize that applies just as much to you, too. You are so precious. Just as I've wondered in awe at how time with the little ones has passed, I do the same with you. I can't believe we're about to celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary. I'm blown away by how good every single day is with you, and it leaves my longing for the next, and the next, and the next. I'm honored to be your wife and I'm thankful that my two sonshines have you for their Daddy. There could be no better...

[August 2008 - Z 28, C 4, O 11.5 mos]


No comments:

Post a Comment