Monday, January 18, 2010

You're Too Much!

Caleb, you never cease to amaze me. You are so brilliant, so funny and so kind. Earlier this week I wasn't feeling well, so I laid down on the couch in the living room to rest. You wouldn't play until you pulled the blinds to darken the room for me and you brought me your most special pillow and blanket for me to use. You kept asking if there was anything else you could do for me. You, dear Caleb, are so precious.

It's a good thing you were so kind. You needed to earn some brownie points with Mommy, because just the other night, when Daddy was tucking you into bed, you told him: "Mommy is going to be the first one of us to go to heaven, because she's the biggest AND the oldest." Thank you, Sweet Boy. I love you, too.

My favorite times are when you know that you're being outrageously silly. You try to keep a straight face, but you have the hardest time not cracking a smile. You just keep forging on with your outlandish stories, all the while with a twinkle in your eye and a grin just dying to stretch across your whole face. You're such a goofball.

The other day I was cleaning my desk and came across a piece of paper that I'd stashed. It had a list of [more] names that you'd proposed for baby brother:

Lisa [This was before we knew it was a boy.]
Matt
Lincolnstein Taylor [You'd just learned about Abe Lincoln at school.]
Fireball

I love your creativity and silliness, but, for your brother's sake, I'm pretty sure we'll have to chose a name ourselves.

I love you, my big guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment