Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Little Two


As Daddy and I prepared to bring you, Little Nathan, into our home, our biggest concern was for how your big brother, Owen, would react. He had been the baby in the family for 2+ years, he loves attention and, well, his mannerisms have been likened to that of a bulldozer. I was honestly a little nervous about how you'd fare in this house that was already very full of boys and their very big personalities!

I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised and totally blessed, though, at how you, Dear Owen, have responded to your baby brother. From the very beginning, you have been so very sweet, gentle and kind with him. You were eager to hold him right away and you love nuzzling your head against his. Any time he cries, you holler, "Momma! Nathan is hungry!", and you want me to care for him immediately. You don't like to see him in distress. If he begins to fuss, you always tell him, "It's okay, Baby Brudder." You like to give him goodnight kisses.

I love watching you two together. It's so very precious. I'm sure it won't last forever. The rivalries and wrestling matches are bound to come. But, I'm sure as heck going to enjoy your sweetness for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment