Friday, July 9, 2010

A Pain In My Neck


Look at those little angel faces! But, don't be fooled. Have you ever heard of the phrase "a pain in the neck?" Because you're it! Seriously. Well, not quite, but close. It's more like a pain in the lower back, but still - it's there and you're causing it!

My lower back has been killing me for the last several days and, even though I just had another birthday, I'm still "much too young to feel this darn old". But, finally it dawned on me. This isn't an age-induced ache. This is a lugging-around-heavy-boys ache. Thankfully, my Caleb, you are big enough now that you only need to be picked up on the rarest of occasions. It's getting better with you too, Owen. Although I do still have to get you in and out of the car. [You'd really prefer to do this yourself, but it takes about 8 minutes each time. Maddening!] But, Nathan? Good grief! You may just be the straw [Ha! A 14+ pound straw!] that will break my back! The first indicators were all the bruises popping up around my knees - from lugging you around in your car seat. The sore back, caused by heaving you and your seat in and out of the car, is further proof that you boys are a pain, quite literally!

And, might I add, worth every bit of it!

[Although I do think I'll be re-arranging the back seat so that I don't have to lift you quite so far, Nathan. My little Beef Cake!]

No comments:

Post a Comment