Wednesday, October 21, 2009

'niffin!

Last weekend, my guys were having some good 'ol "guy time" out in the front yard. I'm sure Caleb was riding his bike (like a kid strapped to a rocket) around the cul-de-sac. Zach was probably tinkering in and around the front yard. Owen usually spends his "out front" time divided between pushing his scooter around the driveway and getting into stuff in the garage that he shouldn't.

I, unfortunately, didn't get to witness the following exchange, but Zach's face told it all when he relayed it to me. He went into the garage and found Owen standing in there, not really doing much, but definitely sniffing air in and out of his nose.

Z: Hey, Buddy! What are you doing?
O: I don' know!!! [Exclaimed with SO much enthusiasm and excitement for his new ability.]
Z: Are you sniffing?
O: 'Niffin?!? [Again, super excited and followed by some very exaggerated sniffs.]

Ever since, if you ask O if he can sniff, he hollars [in an unusually high-pitched tone], "'Niffin?" And he's always super-eager to show you his skill. After a few days, it turned into "'Niffin garage?" Which is really not the most pleasant thing to sniff, but I guess that's where his discovery was made, so they'll forever be linked.

Oh, my goodness, Owen. You make me hurt inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment