Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Full of IT

I'm not exactly sure what "it" is [snips and snails, vim and vigor or a little WWF wrestler thrown in for fun] but, Owen, you sure have been full of "it" lately.

You have been making so many goofy faces lately. Some are smiley, some are silly, but most of them are grumpy. I haven't been able to catch the grumpy face on camera yet, but I'm trying. It's super grumpy, but somehow when you make that face everyone around you ends up smiling.

It seems like that's a common occurrence with you - making people smile. You just crack people up and spread joy everywhere you go. It's fun to witness.

When you and I took Nathan for his two-week-old check up, you had the nurses and doctor laughing SO hard! When the nurse asked you your name, you said, "Kid." You wouldn't tell her your name! You insisted [and still do, when anyone asks] that your name is Kid. She also asked how old you are and you said, "Two and half." It really cracked her up. You weren't satisfied to just be plain old two. The "and half" part is really important to you!



The very best part of our visit with the doctor was when he was checking Nathan's lungs with his stethoscope. After he finished, he put the stethoscope on you and let you listen to his heart. You got a really serious look on your face, and we could tell you were really listening intently to something. The doctor asked, "What do you hear, Buddy?" Your very serious response? "David Crowder." [Anyone that's unfamiliar with David Crowder Band, will have to check them out. They're Owen's favorite band!] Anyways. Despite the doctor being totally taken by surprise, he knew exactly who you were talking about and he thought it was hilarious! You really made his day!

Besides your zany antics, you seem to be getting into everything. A few weeks ago you managed to grab a tube of sunscreen while you were supposed to be eating your lunch. When you started screaming, I came running into the kitchen to find your entire head absolutely covered with about an eighth inch thick coat of sunscreen - eyes, ears, nose and mouth included. The sunscreen was burning your eyes, so I had to jump in the shower with you and hose you off.

You like to color on just about any scrap of paper you can get your hands on, so I'm having to be more careful about where I leave important papers. You also like using my computer. Lots of times when I sit down to work, there are all sorts of weird things turned on. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to figure out how to undo your work!

And yesterday, after we got home from running some errands, I found a little wad of paper in Nathan's ear! You had peeled some of the safety warning sticker off the side of his car seat and you'd deposited it right in your baby brother's ear! [NOT okay, Little Man!]

Needless to say, you've been VERY two lately. Super stubborn, and it seems like you are disobedient more often than not. I'd get really discouraged and worry that you're just an obstinate little boy, but I remember your big brother doing this very same thing when he was two. It was a phase that he grew out of and I'm sure you'll do the same. [Hopefully sooner rather than later, though!]

I'm wild about you, my little Owie-Boo! You make me laugh SO hard, and you never hesitate to snuggle up to your Momma or give me a big hug. You really do make me melt. I love you!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, that made me laugh! I cannot wait until Haven starts saying funny stuff. I wish i'd been there when he told the nurse his name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special boy he is!!! I laughed out loud when I read about putting a sticker in Nathan's ear. I guess it could be a little dangerous to leave kids in a such close quarters without being able to really watch them. Who knows what you might find in any given orifice at any given time...!

    ReplyDelete