Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Saga Continues

I really, really hope this isn't any sort of three-strikes-you're-out situation, because today was the third day in a row without a parting 'I LOVE YOU' from Caleb. He was in such a good mood this morning that I was sooo hoping today everything would be back to normal. Alas, it wasn't.

I know I could say something about it to him and he would gladly resume his old goodbye ritual, if he knew how very special it was to me. But, I just don't want to. It brings to mind the whole free will question - is it really REAL and heartfelt if it was coerced? I don't think so. As much as I long to see his smiling face and that little hand stretching up to say 'I LOVE YOU', I want it to be legit. So. This will be the last post documenting this unfortunate development. But, here's hoping that before long I can report back that The Love has returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment